Acceptance of Credit Cards
Creative Services accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. There is no surcharge for using your credit card to make purchases. Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number (i.e. the address and phone number your credit card bank has on file for you). Incorrect information will cause a delay in processing your order. Your credit card will be billed upon submission of your order.
Annual PCI Compliance for Acceptance of Credit Cards
Hats Off Creative Services is committed to protecting consumer credit card data in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Our alignment with this standard is reflected in the people, technologies and processes we employ.
We maintain PCI Compliance and pass rigorous testing annually to ensure our security standards are up to date for accepting credit and debit cards. We conduct regular vulnerability scans and penetration tests in accordance with the PCI DSS requirements for our business model. We attest to our PCI compliance annually, and our most recent self-attestation was completed on August 21, 2022 and expires August 20, 2023.
We keep our systems secure so that you can trust us when ordering with sensitive payment card information. We know that by staying PCI compliant, we are part of the solution – a united, global response to fighting payment card data compromise.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this Marketing Dashboard website, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Hats Off Creative Services, Inc., © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that we're not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation with Creative Services does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Creative Services reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason with full refund.
Last updated: August 21, 2022
The privacy of your data is important to us.
Hats Off Creative Services, Inc. offers a wide range of marketing and web services across several divisions:
- Big Head Web Hosting: Website and eMail Hosting Services
- Big Head Web Hosting Affiliate: Affiliate Hosting Services
- Creative Services: Wholesale and Retail Marketing and Web Services
- The Support PRO: Website Support Services
Identity & Access
Your personal data includes information such as:
- Phone Number
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilize our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- Create an account or purchase any of our Services (ex: billing information, including name, address, credit card number)
- Request support assistance (ex: email, phone number)
- Complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (ex: email) or
- Participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you
We are committed to protecting consumer credit card data in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Our alignment with this standard is reflected in the people, technologies and processes we employ.
We maintain PCI Compliance and pass rigorous testing annually to ensure our security standards are up to date for accepting credit and debit cards. We conduct regular vulnerability scans and penetration tests in accordance with the PCI DSS requirements for our business model. We attest to our PCI compliance annually, and our most recent self-attestation was completed on August 21, 2022.
We keep our systems secure so that you can trust us with sensitive payment card information. We know that by staying PCI compliant, we are part of the solution – a united, global response to fighting payment card data compromise.
We never sell your personal information to third parties, and we won’t use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission. When you email our team with a question or to ask for help, your correspondence may be archived, and the email address may be saved for future reference.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested, with your permission. List of third-party services we use.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of our Services
We may collect certain technical information using cookies and other tracking mechanisms to help us operate and provide our Services to you. This information includes, without limitation:
- Information about the systems and device(s) you use to access our Services, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers;
- Information about your visits to our Sites, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time);
- Information to facilitate your use of our Services (including to provide access to third-party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details; and
- Pages you view or search for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you decline to have us collect such information for example, by disabling cookies, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Information We Collect about You from Third Parties
Our Services may also, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect with us through a social media platform and when you do, and to the extent available, we may collect additional information from you, such as your user names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms and encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using the social media platforms. We may combine the information we collect about you from the various sources described above.
Third-Party Information Collection
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites and services. Please note that these websites and services may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies of any third parties. If you chose to access any websites or services linked to our Services, please check the applicable policies before you use or submit any personal information to such website or service.
Third parties unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Services. We do not have control over these third-party collection practices and advise you to adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins if you wish to minimize these third-party collections.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use any information we collect, including personal information and technical information, as described to you at the time of collection, for the following purposes:
- Providing, Maintaining, and Improving our Services. Operating and improving our Services (e.g., administration, troubleshooting, managing account access, protecting security); evaluating our Services; developing new features, products, or services; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Legal Compliance. Complying with laws, regulations, and requests from law enforcement or other governmental entities; carrying out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and using as evidence in litigation.
- Tailoring Content. Personalizing the information and content we display to you, including marketing, promotional and sponsored content, and advertising within the services.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. Protecting the safety, rights, or property of Hats Off Creative Services or any third party; investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing activity that Hats Off Creative Services, in its sole discretion, may consider to be or pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity.
- Research and Analytics. Researching and analyzing how you interact with our services, including to monitor usage and activity trends and for statistical purposes; creating reports for customers that may include both aggregate trends and the organizations that are viewing their releases, or accessing our services or customer websites or otherwise using our services; and measuring or understanding the effectiveness of content, communications, website visits, web traffic, our services, or advertising that we or our customers deliver to you and other customers like you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and other customers like you.
- Marketing and Communications. Contacting you directly about your use of an account or service for which you are registered; providing you with information about products or services, from us or third parties that may interest you; serving advertisements to you; and responding to your requests, feedback or questions.
- Electronic eBlasts/eNewsletters. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, User may contact us via our Site or they can turn off the appropriate notifications setting within their user panel. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Security & Encryption
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our websites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted to and from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, and you do so at your own risk.
Cookies & Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your device. You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites or use certain features or functionality of our services.
- Web Beacons. Our services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, tracking pixels, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Web beacons in email marketing campaigns, press releases or other types of communications or content allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings, and web pages. We may use web beacons and/or other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you interact with our services, e-mails, press releases or other types of communications or content, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
Ways to Control your Data
- Opting out of marketing communications. You may receive certain promotional or informational communications from us. Where required by law, promotional communications will be sent only with your consent. You can opt-out of promotional emails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mails. Please note that certain emails may be necessary for the operation of our services. You may, however, continue to receive these emails relating to your account or our services, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
- Accessing, updating or deleting your personal information. We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. You may access, update or delete your information (or in some cases object to its processing) at any time by submitting a Privacy Request Update.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
In compliance with the CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Anonymous user visits if wanted.
- Users will be able to change personal information by logging in to their account.
GDPR: Your Rights with Respect to Your Information
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in Europe gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by Hats Off Creative Services. Accordingly, Hats Off recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using some or all of our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location of Site and Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Hats Off Creative Services, Inc.
Data Security & Privacy
P. O. Box 77163
Charlotte, NC 28271
Refunds & Cancellations
Projects ordered with Creative Services are offered with full client satisfaction. We pledge to complete every project per the specifications ordered -- and will work diligently to ensure a maximum client experience. We make every effort to start a project from the day the order arrives. We do not give refunds after 45 days of order placement on projects that were never started either by the customer, the dealer or the dealer's customer, but will fully honor the cancellation and credit your account for the amount paid. While unusual, some projects may run over in timelines due to coding complexity or unforeseen circumstances such as browser issues, refunds will not be given due to extended timelines.
Projects being worked on either in design, copy or web development, (not on hold or paused more than 45 days) may be cancelled by contacting Creative Services. Refunds or credit on account will be honored on remaining scope of work not completed.
Stalled Projects ON-HOLD
Creative Services makes every effort to complete a project on time every time. Because we depend on the Center and their client to keep it on track for completion, the project will be considered to be Stalled after 120 days if there is no response from the Center or their client. At that time, the project will be placed on hold in archives. To reinstate the project after 120 days with no activity, there will be a restart fee of $150. This fee is for the time required to reassign the creative team and to recover and review files . We cannot guarantee that the same team will complete the project that started it prior to the stall.
When applicable, Creative Services shall automatically charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within the same state. For orders shipped to other states, you are solely responsible for all sales taxes or other taxes.
In the event a product listed in the Marketing Dashboard website is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error, description error or pricing error, Creative Services has the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for erroneous product. We may refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Creative Services will immediately issue a credit to your credit card.
Warranty Work for Interactive Projects
Creative Services strives to code all interactive tools, software and websites with the highest of web standards. Upon acceptance by the customer, we guarantee and warranty for a period of 90 days that the work will be free of coding errors and defects in workmanship and will conform to the specifications in the original scope of work agreed upon and purchased. If programming errors or other defects occur within this warranty period, we will promptly remedy.
This warranty does not cover:
- Problems resulting from customer actions such as adding new interactive features, plug-ins or mistakes made in the content management system.
- Problems resulting from malware injections or entry by hackers.
- Problems resulting from out-of-date software on the website.
While we will assist with these problems, they are not covered as part of the warranty and a fee will be charged for repairs/maintenance.
These Conditions will supersede any terms and/or conditions you include with your order to Creative Services. We reserve the right to make changes to this site and these Conditions at any time.
Creative Services will occasionally update this Statement of Policies, Terms and Conditions to reflect company change and customer feedback. Creative Services encourages you to periodically review this Statement to stay informed.
Creative Services welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy.
If you believe that Creative Services has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Creative Services at:
Hats Off Creative Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 77163
Charlotte, NC 28271
This Statement of Policies, Terms and Conditions is effective of August 21, 2022.
© Hats Off Creative Services, Inc.